Variety of voices and native speakers accents are heard only once in each section of IELTS listening.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 1
A conversation between two people set in everyday social context.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 2
A monologue set in an everyday context.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 3
A conversation between up to four people set in an educational context, e.g. university tutor.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 4
A monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture.
IELTS LISTENING MARKING AND ASSESSMENT
One mark is awarded for the each correct answer in the 40- item test. There is no penalty for any wrong answers.
Pioneer Education focuses on the following to develop listening skills :
- Orientation towards the text
- Listening for Particular Information
- Recognizing Details
- Identifying Central Ideas
- Listening Skill Building Exercise
- Listening Practice Skills with Detailed Feedback
- Specific Skills and Strategy for Particular Question Type
- Being Aware of Rhythm, Stress and Intonation